All Results in topics contributed by Kawerau District Library

showing 1-5 results of 35 [
]
The first primary school in Kawerau opened in February 1954. It was known initially as Kawerau Primary School and later renamed Kawerau Central School.
Kawerau College commenced with students attending 3 February 1963 and held it's official opening 2 March 1963. At this point the former Kawerau District High School (located at Central School,
The Kawerau Woodskills Festival began in March 1990 in recognition of the town's historic association with forestry and the timber industry. It was rebranded the "National Woodskills Competition" in 1991
In May 2010, mural artist Marc Spijkerbosch was commissioned to create a mural on the Kawerau District Library and Sir James Fletcher Kawerau Museum building.
Marc Spijkerbosch is a talented international artist who has painted a number of murals around the Kawerau community.