The John Family, 1959

Original Filename: The_John_Family_1959.jpg ( not available for download )

The John Family, 1959.

Caption

Bruce and Jean John, children Mary, Bevan, Peter & David moved in to 3 Fitzroy Street in 1954. Bruce was one of a few men who came from the Boyer Paper Mill in Tasmania to work for Fletcher Merritt Raymond at the Tasman Mill transferring to Tasman at the end of his 2 year contract.
Bruce & Jean were involved with the establishment of both Boy Scouts & Girl Guides in Kawerau. Bruce was the first secretary of the original scout group formed in 1954. Jean was also involved with St Margaret’s Church and also Country Women’s Institute.
The John family lived at 3 Fitzroy Street until they moved to Vogel Street.

Sir James Fletcher Kawerau Museum 2014.28. Donation by David John.